No sitting between acts . . .

. . . er, At bats -

They've instituted something new at Yankee Stadium this homestand - little signs for the security guards asking people not to go down the aisle during an at-bat. Grace was in her glory up on level 200. I thought I was at a play.

It's just another part of the Tourist-if-i-cation of the Stadium, which at least during the summer hosts a significant number of tourists who come - well, I don't know why they come, exactly. Last night a couple with a seven or eight month old sat in front of us and didn't look at the field the whole time. People got up in the middle of one of the few Yankee rallies (well, semi-rallies) of the night. I'd say a good twenty to forty percent of the people around us were completely oblivious to the game. (One of the diehards did manage to shout down the wave. Points for that.)

Seems like it's a lot of money to waste if you're not a baseball fan, but what do I know? Given the outcome of the game, maybe I shouldn't have watched either...

No comments: