Bradley's show

There were slides that went with the presentation airing on CSpan3 American History this weekend. I ditched them for that talk because I was afraid of technical glitches.

You can see them here, courtesy of YouTube; at some point I'll put words and images back together.



Speaking of that Marist presentation, I have to thank the college as well as CSpan for all their work and help. Marist was an extremely generous and welcoming host. The CSpan crew was professional, easy to work with, and I owe them all a few rounds of drinks.

Jim Johnson, who introduced me that night, is an historian and scholar who also served our country as an officer in the Army. A West Point grad, he was a knowledgeable, reassuring host, and I was grateful for his company that day. He heads the Hudson River Valley Institute at Marist, an important resource on history and the Valley in general. The website is at http://www.hudsonriver.org

I also have to thank Tim Massie for making the arrangements that brought CSpan to the Marist campus. People in the area as well as the national news media know Tim as the spokesperson for one of the best colleges in the Northeast. But he's a lot more than that, shepherding not only the college's image and outreach, but also looking after the students who take the courses he somehow manages to squeeze into his schedule each semester. (You can follow him on Twitter: @tcmassie)

Thanks also to the folks at Regnery for their help in this, especially publisher Alex Novak and publicist/media whiz Laura Bentz.

(You can catch the show Sunday, Nov. 13 at noon. It's online here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/ And no, I have no idea why I was moving around so much - all the doors were locked so I couldn't run off stage.)

No comments: