The Dogboy finance


I hadn't seen Dogboy in dog years until he turned up at the bar the other night. He'd changed -- he'd gotten a haircut and was wearing a pair of pants that didn't have any holes in them. But the strangest thing was that he was drinking a lite beer.

I went over right away. Clearly the Dog was in serious hurt.

He waved me off. I figured he was cheating on his wife or something, so I looked for a table nearby to watch from. The next thing I knew, his better half was walking through the door. Being a good friend, I ran to intercept her.

"Hey, hey what's going on?" I said, trying to distract her.

Mrs. Dog is usually a gabber but not tonight. I finally had to grab her to keep her from going inside.

"You don't want to see this," I told her.

"Damn. Did Dog shoot him?" she asked.

"Shoot who?"

"The banker. We're supposed to meet him here to discuss our loan. Dog said he'd shoot him if he wouldn't go lower than four percent interest."

I was dumbfounded. "Banker?"

"I better get in there," she said, pushing past. "See you later."

It figures that Dogboy would find the one bank in the world that's loaning money. Of course, I'm kind of wondering what he'll put up for collateral. Probably his still.

No comments: