Le shelf-thing


Dogboy called the other night and got me on the cellphone in the car.

"How good's your French?" he asked.

"Ehhh..."

"Better than mine?"

"Oui."

"Can you come over? We're putting together this wooden shelf thing we got from Pottery Barn and the only instructions they sent are in French."

"Since when do you follow directions?" I asked, but he'd already hung up.

Curious to see Pottery Barn's Double-wide Collection up close, I headed up. When I got there, Dogboy was outside in front of the barbecue pit, roasting homemade Italian venison sausages.

Said barbecue pit consisting of a fifty-gallon drum, rusted to a fine sheen. Nice fire, though.

I had a couple sausages, then asked about the wooden shelf-thing.

"Ah, that's not a problem now," he told me.

"You got it up yourself?"

He glanced down at the fire. "It's all taken care of," he said.

No comments: