Project Longhand

All right, now I'm worried.

I have well over four hundred pages written longhand. I'm more than two-thirds through the plot points of the book.

But how long is that exactly? Am I almost done . . . or woefully short?

Ordinarily, I don't have to worry about length. Even though my books are in the 100,000+ word range, I generally don't have trouble filling the page count. If anything, I have to worry about going too long. (And they're always longer than I think they'll be, by the way.)

And there's another problem: I can't just give the editor the pile of yellow paper I've amassed. somehow I have to get it into the computer.

Which means what, exactly?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double work for you or hire someone to type it for you. I was wondering if you numbered the yellow pages cause if you dropped the file or it got caught in a sudden wind storm you would be screwed. Alright, that will be my only wise ass comment of the day but I just could not resist....All the best and good luck...Chris....

jd said...

Are you trying to make me nervous?

What if I sneezed, as I've been known to do?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, never thought of that but I guess you would be screwed, haha. Only kidding. You will figure out what is the best method that works for you and just have at it. At long as it means more new books I'm all for it....Chris...