Project Longhand

Today I started to input the book into the computer, even though I'm not completely done with the rough draft - or as I'm calling it, the "yellow draft," since it's written on yellow paper.

Writing this far longhand has been interesting, but I'm pretty sure I won't be doing it again, at least not this much. It certainly got me going, and I've written a bunch in a short amount of time. But I feel pretty far from the story. One area that has suffered is the organization of the chapters - they're different sizes because I had little to judge by as I worked. So that's going to have to be cleaned up when I revise. And then there are the additions and changes to the plot I want to make.

The experiment isn't ending - I'm taking it in a direction. I have Dragon Naturally Speaking on the computer, and I'm going to see how well it understands the book.

And me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember when using that software to not be watching Burnett (or now Hughes) pitch as some words may be inserted that you will have to remove later, or could be used aganist you in court of law.....Chris....

jd said...

I never watch or listen to ballgames when AJ is pitching any more. It's too frustrating: sometimes he's Good AJ, sometimes . . .
Hughes I can deal with.