Talking Bradley . . .


Lately I've been gearing up for the Bradley bio, which means that I've been talking to press types about the general. I don't usually get a chance to talk about history, military or otherwise, so it's a real bonus when you meet someone like Neil McCabe, the editor at Guns And Patriots, who's both knowledgeable and a great conversationalist. He's served as an Army historian as well, which makes him doubly interesting.

Only problem is that he's a Red Sox fan. So you know there's something messed up in his psyche somewhere.

Actually, we spent a pretty enjoyable (for me, anyway) half-hour or so on the phone talking about Bradley last week, and he's posting some of it as a podcast this week. (You can get there from here: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=45669, among other places.)

I'm hoping they cut out my stuttering. They also probably cut out the part where we talked about the Yankees and the Red Sox. I have to say, Neil gave at least as well as he got. Of course, at the end of any conversation between fans of the two teams, there is this: 27 World Series victories.

No comments: