Unfinished business . . .

Steve Wilson, who calls himself a six-time "failed novelist," has started a site dedicated to abandoned novels - works whose authors gave up on them before they could be finished.

I'm not sure if it's the most depressing site in the world, or the most hopeful. Decide yourself - you can get there from here.

I too have abandoned ideas - many, many of them, though all before they got as far as these. The one exception was what I called my baseball book, which is a thriller I stopped writing about halfway through, when I got the idea for Coyote Bird. Coyote became my first published novel, and for various reasons I never got back to the baseball book.

Someday, though. Maybe that means it doesn't fit in the unfinished category?

I learned about this site from Richard Curtis, the mega agent whose book on agenting is still valuable, and whose insights into the business (sometimes published at e-reads)  are always interesting, whether you agree with his conclusions or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.