Welcome to Roma; give me your money



From the company website . . . Termini doesn't look quite as cool as that in real life, but it is better than Penn Station.


Cash only

We took a train from Florence to Rome. The ride was late but uneventful - I even remembered to cancel my ticket.

Roman cab drivers are notorious thieves, especially when they pick up people at Termini, and the one who picked us up was no exception. Drove us a few blocks out of the way, then tried to charge us twice for the bags. I showed him - made him change a big bill.

Twenty bucks for six blocks . . .

I'd say karma will get him but not the way he drives . . .

The guys at the restaurant where we had a late lunch more than made up for it with complimentary limoncello . . . hey, it wasn't my fault they left the bottle...

No comments: