They still don't get it . . .


Today's Wall Street Journal features a story on a "secretive" Wall Street fraternity - they mean that literally - with a kind of gallows humor tone.

I can understand partying as the ship sinks beneath you, but this blew me away:

"Today, the FBI put out a warning that Al Qaeda was planning an attack to cripple the U.S. economy," inductee Martin Gruss joked later in the evening. "I've got news for them, Congress has already done that."

Oh, now I get it. Congress - aka the American public - bails out Wall Street for a phenomenal sum . . . hundreds of billions, with hands still out . . . but Congress is the problem.

Right.

Now I see the attractions of the French Revolution . . .

(Here's a link to the story - you probably need a subscription though.)

No comments: