Spam


I get a lot of spam because of my "public" email addresses via the website. It's pia mostly, and lately I've come to suspect that the spammers think so, too.

Their subject lines have become more and more prosaic. Now I can understand that - too fancy and the spam killer just bites them in half. But the from addresses show a remarkable lack of creativity.

For example, just today I received email from the following:

Asthma inhaler help
Rebate processing jobs
Shawn C. - A seriously insane rich bitch
Debt Advisor

I mean come on - I'm not even bothering to open any of these. It's almost too much effort even to delete them.

Well, except for Shawn, who's meeting me for coffee next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the the spam that's coming to the cell phones these days? No matter how many times you ask to be removed you get more calls. I respond now with as much invalid information that I can think of and see how they react. I understand they are just doing their jobs but I don't like meter maids or dentists either...Chris...

Anonymous said...

I love the calls where they're blocking their number or otherwise playing with the ID . . . nothing like announcing that they're criminals.